Thursday, July 8, 2010

Cupcakes for a Bonfire


I baked these cupcakes for a bonfire once upon a time ago. Just follow any basic vanilla cake recipe.


For the icing, I just mix water with confectioner's sugar until I go a thick paste and added pink icing coloring. For decorations, I used red sugar, rainbow sprinkles, chocolate jimmies and maraschino cherries.

The frosting is just a basic vanilla frosting recipe that I split into three parts. One was colored a light blue, one was colored a light mint green and one was left its white color. Then I put it into a piping bag with a star tip with a dollop of colored icing and a dollop of white icing and piped that. On the bottom right hand cupcake, you can faintly see the effect this gives. Just click on the picture to get a larger view.

(:

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com